Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day is not just for humans at Chilly Water Farm

There was certainly "love in the air" for Hanover yesterday. I think the hens would agree he has got to go. Hanover wanted everyone of them to be his Valentine and the hens had other plans. It really is quite fascinating to watch the interaction between them during the day. The roosters do a little dance around the hens, puffing out their feathers and high stepping it. The poor hens just stand there and watch, looking like they would like to run but there is no where to go. So throw in a couple of extra men and there is never any rest for the ladies.  Our mission now is to find Hanover a new flock to be king of and Craven can get back to being king of the ladies here at Chilly Water Farm. Peace and contention, that's what we strive for.

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could have chickens. I would take Hanover. Sweet Sweet bird. His days at CWF are numbered.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.